SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: LCPS School Nutrition's proposal for a new Health and Wellness Culinary and Fitness Club aimed at introducing high school students in Loudoun County Public Schools to the nutrition and dietetics field and preparing them to lead a healthy lifestyle through sustainable habits has been recognized as a finalist in the Siggi’s starters grant program!
Siggi's starters will award three $20,000 grants and offer ongoing mentorship to help bring programs to life and we need your vote. Vote for us using the link below:
Summer Meal Service Schedule 2021
Summer walk-up meal service begins on Monday, June 28. This service will be held every Monday from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. throughout the summer, with the exception of Monday, July 5, when schools are closed in observance of Independence Day. That week, meal service will occur on Tuesday, July 6.
The 23 schools that will be open for Summer School walk-up service include:
- Algonkian Elementary School
- Arcola Elementary School
- Cedar Lane Elementary School
- Cool Spring Elementary School
- Creighton’s Corner Elementary School
- Dominion High School
- Dominion Trail Elementary School
- Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School
- Harmony Middle School
- Harper Park Middle School
- Hillside Elementary School
- Independence High School
- John Champe High School
- Kenneth Culbert Elementary School
- Leesburg Elementary School
- Loudoun County High School
- Meadowland Elementary School
- Park View High School
- Potomac Falls High School
- Rolling Ridge Elementary School
- Smart’s Mill Middle School
- Stone Bridge High School
- Sugarland Elementary School
Beginning on Wednesday, June 16, bus delivery of meals will begin. Buses will provide eight days of meals on this date.
To find the nearest meal delivery stop, please use the interactive online map found HERE.
Bus delivery will continue on the following dates:
- Monday, June 28, eight days of meals
- Tuesday, July 6, six days of meals
- Monday, July 12, seven days of meals
- Monday, July 19, seven days of meals
- Monday, July 26, seven days of meals
- Monday, August 2, seven days of meals
- Monday, August 9, seven days of meals
- Monday, August 16, eight days of meals
School Nutrition Services supports the LCPS education mission by providing nourishment to all students while teaching them to make life long healthy choices.
The School Nutrition Program does not receive General Fund Support; the program operates by balancing our budget through meal sales, a la carte sale and State/Federal reimbursement.
Who We Are
Each of our 93 school kitchens is operated by highly-trained staff, with food safety and customer service as highest priorities.
The central office, located in Round Hill, is occupied by friendly office personnel to answer all of your questions, accept payments, and process free/reduced meal applications. School Nutrition operations at the central office are run by our Director, Beth Mills, and a team of knowledgeable school nutrition professionals with expertise in all aspects of childhood nutrition programs.
What We Do
At Loudoun County School Nutrition Services, our team works together to develop nutritious and appetizing meals for our students. Feeding our students for success at school and working alongside parents to develop mindful eating habits is a team effort.
Our menus are prepared each day using the best ingredients including low-fat proteins, whole grain pastas, fresh fruits and vegetables, and hormone-free milk. The menus are analyzed, and recipes adjusted to ensure they meet USDA nutrition guidelines for each age group for calories, sodium, and saturated fat.